pages

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

33 Weeks!

Size:
Our PINEAPPLE(!) is weighing about 4lbs 6oz and is roughly 17inches long!!! All of a sudden that feels really heavy and really long! You hear of babies being born that size... Developmentally the little one is still just growing and filling out, I'm pretty excited to see the chubby little guy or girl in roughly 7 weeks! eeeeek!!!

Pregnancy Symptoms:
Pretty much just growing and growing. The movements feel more and more like this babe is trying to stretch his or her way out not as much like kicks or punches anymore. I'm still really comfortable and not having much notable pain, something I am so thankful for! I really hope that this keeps up and that my being able to sleep keeps up too, it feels so great to have undisturbed sleep, I don't know how some women cope with life when they can't sleep but have to work and keep up with life.

Life Happenings:
 We started our childbirth education class last week and I'm pretty excited to see what we'll learn over the next 9 weeks. Ben is pretty excited too, I think he is ready to feel like he's prepared for what's going to happen in a very short time....I sure hope that I get to the point of feeling prepared as well...I suppose you can only prepare to a certain extent and then you just have to go with it.
Ben hurt his knee on Sunday playing basketball and has been confined to the couch. He has a chronic recurring knee problem that he really needs to go for surgery for. It's usually pretty ok but every once in a while he tweaks it and misses a day of work or so, it's the pits. I feel so badly for him. I had to help carry him into the house, probably not the best thing for 7 1/2 month pregnant girl to do. Hopefully he'll be feeling better sooner rather than later.
On a totally different note, only 4 more weeks of work, that's 132 massages and 16 shifts! I can't believe how quickly everything is going. It's going to be hard to say goodbye to my clients but I really am looking forward to a year off, especially since I hopefully get to spend that year with a precious little baby! My due date is less than 50 days away now. I'm still waiting for time to slow down, but it just doesn't seem to want to.

Weekly Highlight:
Spending father's day evening with my dad on Sunday was so great. I feel so blessed to have a man in my life like him. He is so wise, has more integrity than any man I know and took raising us kids VERY seriously! I love how he loves being outdoors, going for canoeing, camping and hiking trips, he stays active, and is an incredibly hard worker. I couldn't imagine how I would have turned out without his guiding me. I hope I get to spend many more father's days with him!

33 weeks.

The cake I made for my dad for father's day. It was a buttermilk, red velvet cake with cream cheese icing. I even had some...it was sooo worth it!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment