pages

Sunday, June 3, 2012

31 Weeks!

So another week has flown by and we're at 31 weeks. I'm starting to think that the next 6-11 weeks aren't going to slow down as I've been anticipating. This morning as I type this update I'm sitting outside in the sun drinking my nettle tea. It doesn't seem to taste as bad in nice weather....Bring on the summer! 

Size:
Our baby is weighing in at about 3lb 5oz and 16in long. His or her weight would be roughly equivalent to 4 navel oranges....Apparently in the coming weeks he or she will be heading into a growth spurt and each day more and more weight is being packed onto that little frame. At this stage the eyes are actually able to dilate in response to light, how cool!? 

Pregnancy Symptoms:
Still quiet on the symptoms front. Belly is growing. Movement is pretty much the coolest feeling in the entire world, I'm quite certain that I'm going to miss all the little punches and kicks once I am no longer 'with child'. My breathing has definitely not gotten easier. Ben always thinks that I'm mad at him because I tend to breath really deeply and let out a loud sigh but really I'm just trying to get oxygen into my lungs, the only positions I'm able to breath comfortably is lying on my side or standing. One of these days I also want to count how many times a day I have to pee, it is pretty unbelievable, but at least not painful just a nuisance. Still not much pain, I had a little bit of low back pain by the end of my shift on Saturday, but nothing that doesn't go away after a nights sleep. I'm still feeling mighty blessed at how great I'm feeling! 

Life Happenings:
Life has been good and busy. I worked another full 40 hour week this week and I picked up another shift next week so I'll have one more week of almost full time before going down to 33 hours a week for the last 5 weeks. I'm finding that when I'm at work the days just fly by. Every day that I have off feels so nice and long. I'm getting excited to be off work and to have some time to relax and prepare for what's to come. Hopefully the baby waits till later than 37 weeks since that's when I'm working till and I sure could use at least a couple weeks of prep time. 
Ben is starting a brand new job TOMORROW. He is so excited and can't wait to get into something different. He will still be working evenings and weekends wrapping up some loose ends with his company but by the end of June he should be working a normal 9-5 Monday to Friday job and we are both so ready for it!
Did I mention that I'm loving the summer weather! Man I'm glad it's June!

Weekly Highlight:
Most definitely moving back home after spending a month living with my parents. It was great to be there and we really appreciated it since we didn't have access to our house for that whole time, but by the end of the month I was ready to move home. It's just nice having ALL of your clothes again, and having free range of my kitchen again. (Not that I didn't appreciate all the AMAZING meals my mom prepared for us). It's also nice to be able to have people over again. Last night we had a barbecue with some friends and the night before a poker night. We really enjoy hosting and it was nice to be able to again.

Here is the 31 week bump, growing by the day!

On a walk with my brother, sister-in-law, hubster and of course the dogs. It was the most beautiful day ever and if I hadn't have worn stupid shoes that gave me blisters it would have been absolutely perfect!

I thought I'd show an example of what my diet looks like these days. A plain bbq'd chicken breast, a spinach salad with oil and vinegar, and plain yogurt, a little added vanilla extract and blueberries and raspberries...yum!




No comments:

Post a Comment