pages

Thursday, August 30, 2012

3 Weeks.

Happy 3 Week Birthday Elliotte! 
Well, our little babe is 3 weeks old and still has no middle name... I'm starting to actually feel kind of anxious about the whole thing. By next week, if we haven't come up with one then the first person to suggest one can name her!

I can't believe how cute this little girl is getting, well I think so at least. She is such a good little baby and I can't believe how much I enjoy taking care of her. Before she was born I was so worried that I would hate being tied down by a baby but so far I feel privileged to be her mom, and although we have had moments where we have both been crying from frustration I can't imagine being anywhere else than with her, taking care of her every need. 

Now for the updates:

Ellie's Size:
So our little peanut isn't so little anymore. At 19 days old she was weighing 8lb's 10oz. She gained 10oz in a week. I had been kind of concerned that she was getting enough milk, apparently she is. At 3 weeks babies apparently hit a growth spurt so I'm excited to see what she'll weigh next week. A part of me wants her to grow and I'm excited for all her little developments and a part of me wants her to stay the same size she was when she was born.

Post-Pregnancy Symptoms:
Well, it's been 3 weeks and I'm feeling back to normal. I'm actually really looking forward to being able to exercise again. Elliotte and I like to go for walks but I'm really excited to get back into something more intense like weight training and running. 

Life Happenings:
I can't say life is terribly different from last week. One new development is that in the last 3 nights I haven't gotten any sleep before 5AM because Elliotte doesn't seem to want to sleep. It isn't too bad, it just means we sleep during the morning. She really is an amazing sleeper during the day, which makes being up all night not as bad. 

Weekly Highlight:
I started going to a mother and baby group this week. It was really nice to meet with other women who have similar things going on in their lives. I look forward to going every week, it's always nice to get out of the house for a few hours here and there.

And now for the best part...pictures! 

3 Weeks old.

She's getting so chubby and alert! 


No comments:

Post a Comment