pages

Thursday, August 23, 2012

2 Weeks

I can hardly believe that it's been 2 weeks since little Ellie was born. I have been amazed at how our life was transformed overnight. We went from only having to worry about ourselves to only caring about her, all in an instant. I care so much about her. I constantly wonder if she's comfortable, if she's getting enough milk, if she has gas, the list goes on...I can't believe the responsibility that was just handed to us  when she was born, it is our job to make sure she's safe, she is ours and honestly it kind of scares me. 

The first week was pretty easy actually. Ellie slept pretty much 20 hours a day and only woke up to eat. The second week has been a little harder. I developed a plugged duct which brought with it a fever and pretty much all other flu symptoms and to make matters worse Ellie was fussy and barely slept at all for two days. Luckily things seem to be getting better now. I feel 80% better and Ellie seems to be back to sleeping and is no longer in constant pain.  

Now for some updates:

Ellie's Size:
Ellie weighed 8lbs and 1/2oz at 12 days. It looks like she has gained exactly 1lb since birth! She is definitely filling out, I swear she grew a double chin over night. I suppose her constant eating is working.

Post-Pregnancy Symptoms:
Well, as much as I enjoyed being pregnant it sure feels good to NOT be pregnant. Every day I feel more like my old self. I was a little surprised that after giving birth your body is a bit of a mess. I don't know why I didn't expect it, but boy was I in for a treat...Luckily after 2 weeks I'm feeling more or less like my old self again.

Life Happenings:
Oh you know, feeding, changing diapers, burping, the occasional cat nap, eating when I remember to, and quite honestly not much more. 

Weekly Highlight:
Over the weekend we went up to Emma Lake with all of Ben's coworkers. I was really nervous about going with a week and a half old baby but my fear was all in vain because everything worked out great! Ellie did amazingly and it was really nice to make new friends not to mention not having to cook for 3 days.

Here's my little 2 week old.


No comments:

Post a Comment