pages

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

39 Weeks!

I can't believe how close this is all getting, only one more week till the due date and then only two more weeks tops after that! I really do think that We'll see the due date before the baby but only time will tell.

Size:
The average baby now weighs the same as a WATERMELON, about 7 lbs 8 oz... my midwife thinks our baby is a little smaller than that, I guess once again we'll see when this little one decides to come. The vernix (white goop that used to cover the baby's skin) has been shedding and may be all gone by the time the babe is born. In any way it isn't long until we meet this baby! 

Pregnancy Symptoms:
Well as time goes on this list gets longer I suppose. Still feeling lots of BH contractions. Waiting for the real ones can be tricky when you're constantly getting the fake ones.
 Just in the last week I've been waking up once or twice a night to go to the washroom, I feel super lucky that my sleep didn't seem to be disturbed until now and even now it's really totally bearable. I would make an AWFUL pregnant woman if I didn't get a decent sleep every night. 
I'm definitely feeling more pressure due to the pushing down of the baby. I walked to my midwife appointment this past week and for the next two days I felt like my back and hips were broken... 'they' say it's good to walk though, so I'm going to keep doing it. Speaking of midwife appointments, I only have a few more of those at the most too....ahhhh....

Life Happenings:
Boy am I enjoying maternity leave...well, I don't know if I'm technically on it yet considering the baby isn't here yet...but boy is it nice to have some time off. I'm trying to not feel guilty about relaxing since I know that that's what my body needs and that any day now I won't have the luxury and the really scary part begins! 
We're still picking up things here and there for the baby/birth, but I feel like we are prepared. I have our guest room packed to the brim with all the supplies we'll need. Hopefully when I go into labour Ben will be able to wade through it all and get everything set up properly in the case that I'm incapacitated, which, let's face it, I most likely will be. I'm pretty nervous about how I'll treat the poor guy when the big day arrives. I've watched all these birth videos where the couples almost look like they're enjoying the process and are so loving and kind to each other. This is how I've always wanted to be, I can pretty much guarantee you that won't be me...I'll be the irritable, mean woman screaming at everyone around her. I'll have to write apology letters to everyone afterwards for all the mean stuff I'm bound to say, I'm just sure of it! 
In other news....I now know why people love the weekends so much! It's soooo nice having two days off in a row with Ben. Every night after work he's pretty much a zombie who doesn't want to do anything but sleep and eat, and that's only if I happen to make something that looks appealing to him (not common). Because of this somewhat unfortunate happenstance, the weekend is now the best time in the world! We get to sleep in (well, Saturday at least) and then the WHOLE day is ours to do whatever we wish, plus we've been allowing ourselves to go on extra dates guilt free since we know that they're basically over indefinitely once this babe gets here. It's a really novel idea! This weekend we...slept in, went out for lunch with Ben's mom, washed the car, installed the car seat, did some window shopping for diaper bags, went out for supper with a friend, went to a movie with that same friend, got my teeth checked by my uncle (he IS a dentist so not so weird), went to church, relaxed, got groceries, hung our with some friends! It was a great weekend!

Weekly Highlight:
As painful as the aftermath ended up being, walking to my midwife appointment felt REALLY good. I just felt so proud of myself for getting off my lazy butt and actually doing it. I have yet to decide whether I'm going to walk to this weeks appointment (I have my doubts), but I really hope that I do. Maybe this time it will kick-start labour! 

Here is the 39 week belly.

No comments:

Post a Comment