pages

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Vintage Baby Clothes

So the other day I was lamenting to my mother that I had no clothes yet for the baby, blah...blah...blah... and all of a sudden she got this look in her eye and ran upstairs. She then started hauling boxes out of her bedroom. We spent the next hour or so going through boxes and boxes of old clothes that my siblings and I wore when we were wee ones. Well, we now have quite a variety of clothes for the little one ranging from newborn to probably 3 years old. I thought I'd snap a few pics of some of the outfits, I can't wait to dress our little girl or boy in some of these precious old pieces. 


This is a little onesie that my mother made for my oldest brother. She has about 5 of these that she hand made and I absolutely LOVE them. She also has a whole bunch of cute little tee's with little collars to go underneath, they make quite a cute ensemble.  


This sweater, hat and booties were made for my oldest brother, by my grandmother. I absolutely love the details, I'm a little curious to see how it would work for a boy...we'll have to wait and see.


This little number was not homemade but I have so many fond memories of my younger sister in it that I had to add it. 


It's hard for a picture to grasp the fuzziness and cuteness of this winter jumper. It looks so vintage and is still so soft, I really hope it will fit our baby come winter time.


This dress was mine. I have real live memories of being in this dress, I loved it when I was 2 and I still love it now. After two boys my mom dressed me up in dresses as much as possible and I LOVE all the cute little summer dresses that she saved. I also love the fact that she had so many outfits that weren't just pink. If we have a girl, you better believe she's gonna be stylin'!  

Here is my brothers sailor suit. They come with adorable little navy blue shorts as well. A part of me wants a boy just so that I can dress him in this when the time comes. SOOO cute! 





No comments:

Post a Comment