pages

Friday, May 18, 2012

Please excuse me while I vent.

*WARNING*
If you don't want to hear someone blow minor inconveniences out of proportion than read no further. I apologize in advance for the pettiness of my griping.

Perhaps it's hormones, or just my childish nature coming out but boy do i feel hard done by today... I really have no reason to complain, my job graciously changed my hours so I now have Fridays off. You'd think this was awesome? Today, not so much. I had no errands to run and I didnt try to come up with some since it was mucky and rainy outside. I puttered around at home, doing a load of laundry, folding another couple loads, but nothing truly productive, if I'm truly honest I didn't actually get out of my housecoat till after 12....To make my 'horrible' day worse, my dear husband is STILL working and it's after 11:30PM that's over a 14 hour day! (poor guy) I made supper more than 4 hours ago and it's just sitting on the stove getting cold and nasty. My dog got a hold of pin cushion and when I found her she was lying on the ground picking out pins from the darn cushion with her evil little paws and tossing them willy-nilly all over the room. Needless to say, she's currently in her kennel on a time-out. Today was just one of those days...In the grand scheme of things I need to remember to be thankful for what I have. Thankful for my day off, for a husband who works so hard for us. Today I'm humbled, when I read over what I wrote I see that I let my emotions get the best of me. Hopefully I will learn from this and not let the little things get to me, this is my goal. 
==================================================================

Here is a picture that even on the cloudiest day brings a smile to my face. I love my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment